The Troutdale House by the Sandy River can accommodate 200 guests for your event or formal dining. It can be configured for ceremony, reception or both. Please review our maximum seating capacity matrix below to assist you with your planning.
The main responsibilities of our venue coordinators:
- Set-up of all tables and chairs for ceremony, reception, buffet, cake area, gift, sign-in, unity and any additional tables that may be needed.
- Put out white tablecloths (if you are bringing in different tablecloths you will be responsible for putting them on the tables).
- Set-up Troutdale House decor. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Silk flowers, glass mirrors, wood rounds (centerpieces)
- Any signage, easels or props that we have available for your use
- “Flip” and reset Main Room/Courtyard/Lodge/Wine Cellar after ceremony. This includes setting out any decorations you are using that belong to The Troutdale House. If you are bringing in decorations of your own, please make sure you have people available from your group to set-up these items (during set-up time & reset/flip time).
- Lining up, coordination and queuing of bridal party down the aisle for ceremony
- Explain bar set-up and show group/vendors where venue items are kept
- Welcome and answer questions from wedding group/vendors
- Control and adjust air conditioning and heating
- Light gas ovens for caters or wedding group
- Focus on security inside and outside of venue by monitoring security cameras and walking grounds
- Enforce and inform guests of rules and regulations if needed
- Stock bathrooms with toilet paper/paper towels/seat covers/soap, as well as provide trash bags, electrical cords, etc.
- Venue coordinators are the first to arrive and the last to leave. Shifts can be 10+ hours, please keep in mind that they may eat dinner and to include enough food in your catering plans for your coordinators and vendors.
- Coordinators receive breaks and meal times. They may leave the venue for a short time (if schedule allows) to pick something up. They will communicate with you if they choose to leave for a break.
- You may have a different coordinator at your rehearsal then you have on your event day. We make every effort to schedule accordingly, but it is not always possible to meet them before your event.
- Coordinators have their own duties at closing time, they will help direct clean-up, answer questions and do a walkthrough of the venue before you leave at the end of the day.
Our venue coordinators are not responsible for:
Serving or setting up of your food, beverage, cake or decorations (we will set up venue decorations that you are using)
- Playing music or slideshows (we will show people how the equipment works)
- Making announcements over the sound system (we will ask guests to take a seat before ceremony)
- Create or execute all day timelines (we do appreciate a copy if you make one)
- Wait on tables or clear them off – you are responsible for putting all garbage into garbage cans and taking out the decorations you brought in with you.
- Steam clothing, linens or other fabric (we will show someone how the steamers work)
- Wash borrowed items from our kitchen. It is the group’s responsibility to wash any drink container, coffee percolator, trays, etc. before you leave at the end of the night.
Q) Do we know what time the trains come by or are they on a schedule?
A) No, unfortunately they do not post the freight train schedule due to national security. Everyday is different.
Q) Can we bring food to our rehearsal to serve to everyone that attends?
A) We suggest that you have food at a different location on the night of your rehearsal. Our rehearsals are 1 hour and we have several things to talk about and practice during that time. There will be other bridal groups before or after your group. Please do not bring alcohol to your rehearsal!
Q) What does The Troutdale House provide for bar/kitchen/restrooms?
A) We provide paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, dish soap, trash cans, trash bags. Mops and brooms as needed. Basic cleaning supplies. We also provide some drink dispensers, 52 oz coffee maker/dispenser (built in filter), 500 lbs ice machine on site and keg/beverage tubs.
Q) Do we allow dry ice or fog machines?
A) No, unfortunately our fire system will not allow it.
Q) Are sparklers, fireworks or fire pits allowed?
A) No, due to safety of guests and our building, these things are no longer allowed.
Q) Can we get into the building if we arrive early on our event day?
A) Normally we do not allow groups into the venue before the agreed contracted time. This includes vendors for your event (caterers, DJ, photographers). Please make sure your vendors or delivery companies know what times you have the building rented for so access to the building is guaranteed. Special circumstances sometimes allow us to be flexible. Please call us to see if we can help arrange a special request.
Q) When can my rental company drop off or pick-up my order?
A) Rental companies need to drop off and pick up the same day as event during your contracted hours for the event. Special circumstances sometimes allow us to be flexible. Please call us to see if we can help arrange a special request.
Q. What items are we allowed to use or not use for send-off?
A. Popular choices for send off include: bubbles, glow sticks, LED light wands, flower petals (real only), bells and ribbon. We do NOT allow confetti, birdseed, rice, sparklers, glitter or fake flower petals (outside). If you have something in mind for send off, and don't see it on this list, please feel free to ask!
Q. Will the coordinators that are working on my wedding day have everything set-up when we arrive?
A. No, the coordinators that are working will still be setting up when you arrive. Set-up will be far enough along that you will be able to start setting up any decorations, center pieces, ect... that you are bringing in.
Q. Do you allow fake flower petals?
A. Fake flower petals are allowed inside only. If you would like to use flower petals and your ceremony is outside, you will need to use real flower petals. Real or fake flower petals can be used inside.
Q. If I have questions on my wedding day, where can I find the venue coordinator to ask?
A. The venue coordinators that are working your event will either be in the venue, working on set-up or you can always knock on the office door to see if they are in there. The office is located in the same hallway as the restrooms, it is the first door on the left.
Large Round Tables = 60 in wide
Large Rectangular Table = 6 ft long
Large Round Cake Table = 40 in wide
Small Round Cake Table = 30 in wide
Sweetheart Table = 2 ft x 4 ft
Main Floor Arch = 6 ft x 9 ft
Wood Desk = 5 ft 7 in x 2 ft 3 in
Bar Length = 20 ft
# of Bar Stools = 10
# of White Chairs = 400
# of Large Round Tables = 22
# of Tables that fit on Main Floor = 10 (12 max)
# of Tables that fit in Courtyard = 10
# of Tables that fit on Lower Level = 10 (13 max)
Glass Mirrors (centerpiece) = 12 in x 12 in
Wood Log Rounds (centerpiece) = varies in size
Silk flower choices available on your wedding day: